Blog// check our latest blog posts
January 25, 2013How to start wordpress website0
- 1353 Views
- 0 Comments
- in Uncategorized
- by prasnala
STEP ONE - READWordpress is an excellent solution. It is really possible-to-use, quite powerful, and versatile. Before you decide to invest your valuable time and power into setting up wordpress, there are several documents you'll want to read to help you get started.
- About weblogs what is blogging all about?
- What is wordpress ?
- Wordpress features
- Before you install wordpress
STEP TWO - MAKE A PLANDependant on the information you've just read, which includes guidelines on installing wordpress, you need to have a list of things you need and things to do. Otherwise, create that list now.You need to make sure it contains the following information :The following documents will assist you to recognize much more about how wordpress works and the way to create a plan for your wordpress site :
You will need to create a plan about how you need to use wordpress on your site. Here are several questions you should ask yourself.
- Will you install wordpress in the root directory, subdirectory, or you just want to make a test site to make sure you want to use it ?
- Have you made a list of your site categories to organize your content by groups?
- Have you made a list of Pages you may want to add to your site, such as about, contact, or events?
- Have you thought about what you want in the header art of the site ?
- Have you developed a content strategy and list of topics to help start blogging ?
- Have you thought about how to integrate social media into your wordpress site and workflow?
STEP THREE - INSTALL WORDPRESSWith this particular information as well as your strategy, it's the perfect time to install wordpress.
STEP FOUR - SET UP WORDPRESSUsing your installation all over, you need to set up wordpress so it will continue to work the way you need it to work.To assist you realize how each of the several functions and screens on the wordpress administration panels work, browse theadministration screens guide for a detailed walkthrough.Regarding support on developing your account information, which some or all might appear on your wordpress theme, start to see the Users and Your profile pages for guidance.Once you have released several posts, you can experiment with the complete modify or fast modify functions within the Administration > Posts > Postspanel.Add your "about," "contact," and other information pages by going to Administration > Pages > Add New.Wish to customize the appearance and feel of your wordpress site? Go to Administration > Appearance > Themes.Take time to explore the wordpress Codex site, the official documentation site regarding wordpress. You can find useful data by reading wordpress lessons, and these helpful documents :-->